greg link and cultivating career-changing trust practices [podcast]
By o.c. tanner in Culture, Editor Picks, Great Work, O.C. Tanner Institute, and Podcast
In this session of Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Greg Link, co-founder of the FranklinCovey Global Speed of Trust Practice, a fast-growing global consultancy committed to influencing influencers to grow their careers and their organizations at the SPEED of TRUST™.
You will learn:
- How trust impacts the metrics of an organization
- Why trust is important in today’s business climate and how it can impact all levels of business
- Trust in the workplace overrides rules and policy
- High trust allows you to skip over layers of bureaucracy
- Where to start building trust:
- Extend “smart trust” – earned and qualified trust based on performance
- Provide opportunities for co-workers and employees to gain your trust
- Recognition is a critical aspect in building trust; give credit to those who earn it.
- The power of recognition and rewards is when it is authentic, deserved and well-credited
- You can’t mandate quality, synergy or teamwork – it must be earned
- High-trust organizations have more control, not less
- High-trust + authentic recognition = employee advocates
- In the average company, for every one employee that is engaged, nine are disengaged
- The most common 13 behaviors found in high-trust leaders
- How Zappos grew from zero to $1 billion during the worst economic decade in history
- How trust is not a soft principle but a “…a hard-edged economic driver—a learnable, measurable skill that makes organizations more profitable, people more promotable, and relationships more energizing.”
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn and connect with Greg Link
- Learn more about Smart Trust (by Stephen M.R. Covey and Greg Link)
- Learn more about Delivering Happiness (by Tony Hsieh)
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.