arte nathan and the art of recruiting [podcast]
By o.c. tanner in Culture, Great Work, O.C. Tanner Institute, and Podcast
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom discusses with Arte Nathan on how to hire the best kind of employees and keep them employed. Nathan, is an executive director to the Center of Professional Education at UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration and has hired around 125,000 people in his career.
You will learn:
- How to employ great people and keep them employed
- 75%-25% rule and how people respond to acknowledgment
- How supervisors and higher management should take on their roles, similar to parental roles
- How good deeds are rewards themselves
- How the golden rule (treat others the way you want to be treated) relates to the corporate world
- Relationships should be built on trust
- Be in control of your destiny
- Reward employees when they do something right
- How to give employees the opportunity to recognize themselves
- In return, it encourages employees to have their own stories/experiences
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn and connect with Arte Nathan
- Learn more about the Art of Recruiting
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.
Listen to our first three episodes: