how to establish purpose within your business [podcast]
By o.c. tanner in Culture, Great Work, O.C. Tanner Institute, and Podcast
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with David Lapin, an international business consultant and CEO of Lapin Consulting International Inc. Lapin is also the author of “Lead By Greatness.”
You will learn:
- The difference between purpose and mission in a business setting.
- Purpose drives deeper questions in business, such as, “Why am I doing it?”
- Purpose requires that you go deeper to who you are or your essence, both as a leader and as a team leading an organization.
- How and why the topic of purpose came into the business world.
- The purpose of business is not to make money—that is the outcome of business.
- Do companies realize their true purpose? Most don’t.
- What are most businesses confused about? Who is their primary customer? Who are they really working for?
- What a “spiritual fingerprint” is.
- Lapin’s personal story about helping a business find its true purpose.
- How businesses can look past making money, but instead, provide value to society.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
Learn more and connect with David Lapin
Learn more about: Lapin Consulting International Inc
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.