tips to performing at your best in business everyday [podcast][rebroadcast]
By o.c. tanner in Culture, Great Work, O.C. Tanner Institute, and Podcast
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Roddy Chong, a violinist and speaker known for his “high-energy performances.” Chong has toured with Shania Twain and Celine Dion, at the same time, as well as Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Kevin Costner & Modern West. While not performing, Chong speaks to organizations, teams and audiences around the world in enhancing performance at work.
You will learn:
- How to relate to people with different career backgrounds.
- People all over want to live bigger and want to have more passion.
- No matter the situation, when you’re presenting to one person or 1,000 people, you are on stage.
- What makes a person cool: When a person makes you feel a little bit better than when you enter into the interaction with that person.
- If someone is checking in on you and taking care of you, that is a pretty cool person and probably someone you want to do business with.
- Kids are alive, and that’s what we [adults] want to be, too.
- As adults we can self nurture ourselves with discipline to be more alive and to do things differently.
- Be seen and be good. Push yourself to perform your best.
- Go through life alive, because it will impact the people you meet.
- Performance of a lifetime can happen everyday.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn more and connect with Roddy Chong
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.