how to build business culture [podcast][rebroadcast]
By o.c. tanner in Culture, Great Work, O.C. Tanner Institute, and Podcast
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Garry Ridge, president and chief executive officer of WD-40, the penetrating oil and water-displacing spray. Ridge, a native of Australia has served as national vice president of the Australian Marketing Institute and the Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association.
You will learn:
- Without a doubt, it’s all about the people.
- How WD-40 was founded and emerged as a global brand.
- Tribal organization attributes and how it relates to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs–fulfilling a need to belong.
- Learning and teaching are two of the primary objectives of our leadership.
- Values are the core to create an atmosphere of freedom.
- How corporate values relate to WD-40 and how they live them. Don’t just hang your values for employees to see, but truly live them.
- How Ridge became involved with WD-40.
- How people build a business.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn more and connect with Garry Ridge
- Learn more about The Learning Moment
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.