how to build business culture [podcast][rebroadcast]
By o.c. tanner
Culture | December 23, 2015
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Garry Ridge, president and chief executive officer of WD-40, the penetrating oil and water-displacing spray. Ridge, a native of Australia has served as national vice president of the Australian Marketing Institute and the Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association.
You will learn:
- Without a doubt, it’s all about the people.
- How WD-40 was founded and emerged as a global brand.
- Tribal organization attributes and how it relates to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs–fulfilling a need to belong.
- Learning and teaching are two of the primary objectives of our leadership.
- Values are the core to create an atmosphere of freedom.
- How corporate values relate to WD-40 and how they live them. Don’t just hang your values for employees to see, but truly live them.
- How Ridge became involved with WD-40.
- How people build a business.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn more and connect with Garry Ridge
- Learn more about The Learning Moment
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.