infographic: 2016: the year of engagement in hr
provided by: octanner.com
The common enemy of engagement at or in work is distraction. And today’s world is full of them. Along with the distractions that surround us, however, come almost endless possibilities to awaken the passion within every employee. 2016 was the year of engagement in HR. As we close out the year, here are some of the top insights on engagement at work.
Insight 1: Finding Passion and Fueling Engagement starts with BEING CONSCIOUS
“I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.”
***Henry David Thoreau
Insight 2: It starts with THE WORK
- Great work is a magnet for great people
- 60% of employees who are performing the great work skills are also highly engaged
- Only 5% of employees who are involved in great work are unengaged
- **Source: Orange Paper
Insight 3: UNDERSTANDING MILLENNIALS is Critical
- More than one in three American workers are Millennials
- They affect engagement in 5 key areas
- Work flexibility
- Social capital
Insight 4: PURPOSE breeds higher engagement
- To help employees discover their own greatness, it’s imperative that we connect new employees to our organization’s purpose beginning from day one.
- “Worry less about having new employees fill out forms and check boxes, and spend more time engaging them in your vision.” **Kevin Ames, O.C. Tanner
- Motivate employees by giving them challenging work and a mission they can believe in
Insight 5: TECHNOLOGY Enables Recognition and Empowers Engagement
- Cloud-based software allows rewards to be given and received via mobile devices on the go
- eCards, nominations, approvals, the weighting of points, redemption, and more can now happen anytime, anywhere.
- Recognition can be posted to a social wall and receive likes, comments, and shares to broadcast greatness company-wide.
- User-friendly dashboards allow admins to view data and analytics in real time to monitor team success and plan improvements.