the job interview: what companies can do to achieve better results [podcast][rebroadcast]
By o.c. tanner in Great Work, Insights, O.C. Tanner Institute, and Podcast
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Chip Luman, Chief Operating Officer and founder of HireVue, a digital interviewing company. Previously, Luman served as Senior Vice President of HR Shared Services and Total Rewards at Charles Schwab and Co and HR positions at Marathon Oil and Pepsi Cola.
You will learn:
- HireVue is in the digital interviewing business–we give people the chance to tell their story, we see them as more than just a resume.
- HireVue allows applicants to explain how their skills match the job description. Also, companies get this information up front, which makes the whole interviewing process faster.
- Finding people is the first thing you do. With the right people, you can make them even better. Better outcomes when you’re developing and not fixing.
- Hiring process is going to change, resume is still vital, but make jobs and interviews more accessible on search engine websites.
- For job seekers: know yourself, know what motivates you and the kind of work you want to do and build your brand.
- Build your story so you’re attractive to the people that are attractive to you.
- Hiring managers should see the importance of human interaction when hiring.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn more and connect with Chip Luman
- Learn more about HireVue
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.