Leadership | June 18, 2014
brian mohr and the importance of purpose-based leadership [podcast]
By o.c. tanner
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom and Brian Mohr discuss the creation and execution of how to implement purpose based leadership into organizations. Mohr is the co-founder and managing partner of Y Scouts: A Purpose Based Executive Search Firm.
You will learn:
- What purpose based leadership is, where this idea came from and how Y Scouts was created
- Evolution of work and where “purpose” fits in the timeline
- How to show purpose within organizations
- Ask: What does the organization stand for? What is their founding story?
- How purpose changes throughout our careers as we mature and grow
- How to be “profoundly connected” to the work you’re doing
- What are the ingredients that are needed to be profoundly connected?
- Revolves around love and care
- Why employees should have a marriage of head and heart
Links and Resources Mentioned:
Learn and connect with Brian Mohr
- Learn more about Purpose-Based Leadership
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.
Listen to our first episode with Robert Van Arlen.