do people love and respect your brand? [podcast]
By o.c. tanner in Great Work, Insights, O.C. Tanner Institute, and Podcast
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Sarah Petty, the owner and founder of The Joy of Marketing, a company focused on helping smaller companies with marketing and marketing education, and Sarah Petty Photography. Petty is also the co-author of the New York Times Best Seller, “Worth Every Penny” with Erin Verbeck. Previously, Petty worked at Coca-Cola Enterprises as a marketer.
You will learn:
- We think that if you get really great at something you’re going to be really successful, and that’s not the case.
- Ask: What is it that I’m going to do that sets me apart?
- Boutique business model: can’t compete on price, but rather make a connection to the customers and tailor to their needs.
- How can this business model relate to all businesses.
- Your brand is how people feel about you.
- You are a personal brand…how do people at work feel about you? How do they treat you?
- The key with branding is making more people feel that way about you and fall in love with you. You want to be that brand that people love and respect.
- People struggle with hectic lives, but do fewer things better.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn more and connect with Sarah Petty
- Learn more about Joy of Marketing
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.