do people love and respect your brand? [podcast]
By o.c. tanner
Insights | October 9, 2014
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Sarah Petty, the owner and founder of The Joy of Marketing, a company focused on helping smaller companies with marketing and marketing education, and Sarah Petty Photography. Petty is also the co-author of the New York Times Best Seller, “Worth Every Penny” with Erin Verbeck. Previously, Petty worked at Coca-Cola Enterprises as a marketer.
You will learn:
- We think that if you get really great at something you’re going to be really successful, and that’s not the case.
- Ask: What is it that I’m going to do that sets me apart?
- Boutique business model: can’t compete on price, but rather make a connection to the customers and tailor to their needs.
- How can this business model relate to all businesses.
- Your brand is how people feel about you.
- You are a personal brand…how do people at work feel about you? How do they treat you?
- The key with branding is making more people feel that way about you and fall in love with you. You want to be that brand that people love and respect.
- People struggle with hectic lives, but do fewer things better.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn more and connect with Sarah Petty
- Learn more about Joy of Marketing
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.