the ‘positive office atmosphere’ effect: what it is and what it does [podcast]
By o.c. tanner in Culture, Great Work, O.C. Tanner Institute, and Podcast
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Bill Blackstone, the Director of Austin Site Operations at Rackspace. Previously, Blackstone worked as an account manager for Primetime Omnimedia in New York City. Recently, Rackspace was named as one of the “Coolest Companies to Work For” in Austin, by O.C. Tanner.
You will learn:
- What Rackspace does: managed cloud computing company that supports companies around the globe with their online presence. This includes providing a human voice on the other end of the line.
- What the “cloud” is and how it works on a personal device and enterprise level.
- Rackspace was named one of the “Coolest Companies to Work For” in Austin for its unique corporate culture. Motto: Treat employees like friends and family.
- Their onboarding process at Rackspace and Blackstone’s prior work experience.
- What it means to him on being a good boss and encouraging a positive office atmosphere.
- It’s exciting to be in an environment where people have a great deal of passion for their work.
- If you have the courage to go on and take that challenge, that is where you are able to accelerate your career.
- Look to take challenges head on, even if you fail.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn more and connect with Bill Blackstone
- Learn more about Rackspace
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.