Culture | November 6, 2014
coolest companies uncovered: inside the staffing business [podcast]
By o.c. tanner
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Geoff Smith, regional business development manager for VanderHouwen & Associates in Portland. Smith’s background includes recruiting, staff management and account development. Recently VanderHouwen & Associates, a local staffing company, was named as one of O.C. Tanner’s Coolest Companies to Work For.
You will learn:
- About VanderHouwen & Associates and their business as a local staffing company.
- This company strikes a balance between empowerment and direction.
- Our goal is to become a partner with our clients.
- How the staffing industry is always changing and evolving to match the business environment since it’s very dependent on the market.
- Coworker and client relationships make a difference.
- As a manager, strike a balance between empowerment and direction.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn more and connect with Geoff Smith
- Learn more about VanderHouwen & Associates
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.