Culture | December 4, 2014
how do you create remarkable influence in your marketplace? [podcast]
By o.c. tanner
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Chuck Sanson, The Run Guy at Pearl Izumi. The 50+ year-old international company has been distributed in the U.S. since 1981, producing high-end running and cycling apparel and footwear.
You will learn:
- How Pearl Izumi Running Shoes came into the business.
- Difficulty of the running/athletic apparel industry and the current marketplace.
- Running gives us a chance to own a relationship with consumers through their whole athletic career.
- How to build brand loyalty.
- Consumers hold the power in the marketplace. They have an appetite for change..it has shifted from ingredients to the experience and has allowed small brands to flourish.
- Where do you create influence in the marketplace? Focus your efforts, resources, goals and metrics all around that point of influence.
- Consistency and discipline are the most important elements for maintaining a business.
- Start with the why…Why do we [as a company] exist?
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn more and connect with Chuck Sanson
- Learn more about: Pearl Izumi
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.