how do you create remarkable influence in your marketplace? [podcast]
By o.c. tanner in Culture, Great Work, O.C. Tanner Institute, and Podcast
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Chuck Sanson, The Run Guy at Pearl Izumi. The 50+ year-old international company has been distributed in the U.S. since 1981, producing high-end running and cycling apparel and footwear.
You will learn:
- How Pearl Izumi Running Shoes came into the business.
- Difficulty of the running/athletic apparel industry and the current marketplace.
- Running gives us a chance to own a relationship with consumers through their whole athletic career.
- How to build brand loyalty.
- Consumers hold the power in the marketplace. They have an appetite for change..it has shifted from ingredients to the experience and has allowed small brands to flourish.
- Where do you create influence in the marketplace? Focus your efforts, resources, goals and metrics all around that point of influence.
- Consistency and discipline are the most important elements for maintaining a business.
- Start with the why…Why do we [as a company] exist?
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn more and connect with Chuck Sanson
- Learn more about: Pearl Izumi
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.