what is the right mindset in your industry? [podcast]
By o.c. tanner
Culture | December 11, 2014
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Nely Galán, Emmy winning producer of over 600 episodes of TV, in both spanish and english. In addition, Galán has had stints in print journalism and as an on-air correspondent with CBS and E! Entertainment. She also became the first Latina president of a television network in the U.S. with Telemundo.
You will learn:
- I really knew from an early age that the world was my oyster and I had to go for it.
- Women are the fastest growing entrepreneurs in the U.S.
- [U.S.] is the no. 1 country in the world for women to really have as much of it all as they can. And the opportunities here don’t exist anywhere else in the world.
- Personal experience about getting published in “Seventeen Magazine” while in high school and speaking up for oneself.
- Experience in the TV industry.
- I think that when there’s a place where you have ownership, you lose the innovation.
- The digital era has lifted the barrier for women to create a business.
- What’s next for Nely–teaching women the power of ownership.
- The Adelante Movement
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn more and connect with Nely Galán
- Learn more about: Adelante Movement
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.