meaningful moments and their impact on productivity [podcast]
By o.c. tanner in Culture, Great Work, O.C. Tanner Institute, and Podcast
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Tom Rath, author, researcher and New York Times bestseller of five books. His new book, “Are You Fully Charged? The 3 Keys to Energizing Your Work and Life,” discusses productivity and long term well-being.
You will learn:
- Rath describes his new book and where the idea came from
- We all have a lot going in our lives, how can we focus with all of these daily distractions?
- It really starts with the small changes, and making better decisions in your next interaction with another person.
- Don’t need drastic transitions to live a better life, instead, find smaller and more meaningful experiences.
- Thinking about your life in a broad sense is not very practical in terms of finding where changes need to come from to create self improvement. Instead, focus on day to day improvements.
- Book focuses on long term well-being.
- Importance of daily, meaningful work—some action that helps another human being
- Importance of daily, positive interactions
- Does the “pursuit of happiness” ideal backfire?
Links and Resources Mentioned:
Learn more and connect with Tom Rath
Learn more about: “Are You Fully Charged? The 3 Keys to Energizing Your Work and Life”
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.