how to be your true self at work [podcast]

By o.c. tanner
Podcast

In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Larry Winget, author and business speaker, with a focus in personal development and self-help. In addition, Winget is a frequent business contributor on Fox News & Fox Business as well as MSNBC.

You will learn:
4:26 – Inspiration behind Winget’s new political audio series.
7:50 – It’s important to appreciate what you do enough to cancel out the negative aspects of work.
7:57 – Everyone in business today loves something about what they do, which may only make up 10 percent of what they actually do.
8:07 – You need to love the 10 percent enough to be willing to put up with the other 90 percent that you may not like at all.
9:36 – Who’s to blame for this concept of political correctness in the workplace?
9:57 – Businesses today are compromising core values and no longer willing to take a stand for fear of hurt feelings. This leads the way for people to be easily offended.
12:45 – Winget’s presentations deal with how to become better people. Business gets better when the people in the business get better.
12:53 – It’s important for people to take responsibility and learn to be more flexible.
15:01 – How can people be more authentic and true to themselves at work?
15:06 – It starts with clarity in what you believe in.
15:49 – When you establish clear values in your own personal life, it makes it easy to decide what you will put up with and what you won’t put up with.
19:21 – Motivating people to do better starts with stating a harsh reality.

Links and Resources Mentioned:
Learn more and connect with Larry Winget

Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook

Learn more about: Grow a Pair: How to Stop Being a Victim and Take Back Your Life, Your Business, and Your Sanity

Thank You For Listening!

What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.

Enjoy listening to our other Great Work Insights Podcasts.

Categories: Podcast

There are no comments.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


By o.c. tanner


We're here to listen. Share your thoughts, content feedback, suggestions for topics and more.