appreciation checklist [infographic]
provided by: octanner.com
Appreciation changes everything. Research has proven when employees are appreciated and recognized for their great work, they become more loyal, committed, and engaged. Check out our appreciation best practices checklist.
- Appreciate frequently. Research shows that employees want some form of recognition every seven days.
- Remember the power of the ‘Thank You’ note. Taking the time to write a note of thanks has lasting impact.
- Make it timely. Hold the appreciation moment as close to the event that you’re recognizing as possible. If the recognition is not timely, the appreciation starts to lose its value.
- Be specific. General praise is rarely motivating. Spell it out by telling them precisely what they did to earn your appreciation and why. Go into detail of the great work that’s been done.
- Recognize unique qualities and make it personal. After any conversation with a team member, write down information that’s significant about each person. Then use this information to add a personal anecdote during recognition.
- Share a story. Storytelling is a powerful way to illustrate how a person lives the company’s values. Highlight attributes that demonstrate the difference the person has made.
- Invite others to speak. Get coworkers and senior leaders to participate in the recognition, but don’t stop there. When celebrating 10 years of service or more, be sure to invite family and friends as well.
- Prepare your remarks. Take the time to pull together your thoughts for a meaningful celebration. Visit iappreciate.com for eCards, printable certificates, presentation tips, and more. Or download the free app for help in preparing your remarks, to get team birthday and event reminders, send congrats, and thank you notes.
- Extend the appreciation experience. Once the celebration is over, you want the impact of the experience to live on. Record the event, giving the employee a keepsake to save and share with family and friends.
Click the download the checklist button above to get your own copy of the Appreciation Checklist.