creating healthy habits to truly improve employee wellbeing
By o.c. tanner in Insights and Wellness
You have a wellness program in place. You remind employees to take their steps, to drink enough water, make healthy choices at lunch. Is this enough?
According to research, there is a proven model for creating healthy habits. By helping your employees adopt healthy behaviors and create new habits, you build a culture where employees bring and do their best, every day:
- Focus on the right behavior – make goals personal
- Make it easy – small and simple
- Trigger the behavior – all behaviors need a trigger
- Reward success – employees who feel appreciated feel they are able to take on anything
- Practice and Repeat – like building a new skill, habits require support and repetition
Download our latest Orange Paper to read more about how you can incorporate these practices into your organization’s wellbeing strategy, and watch your people build start to build healthy habits at work.