coolest companies uncovered: inside the staffing business [podcast]
By o.c. tanner in Culture, Great Work, O.C. Tanner Institute, and Podcast
In this session of the Great Work Insights Podcast, Todd Nordstrom speaks with Geoff Smith, regional business development manager for VanderHouwen & Associates in Portland. Smith’s background includes recruiting, staff management and account development. Recently VanderHouwen & Associates, a local staffing company, was named as one of O.C. Tanner’s Coolest Companies to Work For.
You will learn:
- About VanderHouwen & Associates and their business as a local staffing company.
- This company strikes a balance between empowerment and direction.
- Our goal is to become a partner with our clients.
- How the staffing industry is always changing and evolving to match the business environment since it’s very dependent on the market.
- Coworker and client relationships make a difference.
- As a manager, strike a balance between empowerment and direction.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Learn more and connect with Geoff Smith
- Learn more about VanderHouwen & Associates
Thank You For Listening!
What’d you think of today’s show? The conversation continues in the comments below. Be sure to leave your great insights.